Combined Insurance Careers
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company is seeking a Training Director to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
Key training leadership position responsible for the design, development and operationalization of a training strategy within an Operational/Contact Center environment in financial/insurance services company. Responsible for development, execution, maintenance, and evaluation of training curricula. Promotes continuous improvement efforts designed to enhance productivity, efficiency, quality, and skills. Provides training/learning project management to business initiatives.
- Partner with management to conduct needs analysis for short- and long- term business strategies. Facilitate prioritization of learning targets and creation of a roadmap. Based on knowledge of the business units, make edits to the roadmap as priorities change.
- Determine appropriate training techniques and adult learning methodologies that align with the learning needs. Develop a work plan for the training team that addresses priorities, assignments, and calendars.
- Assist in the creation of the training department budget through planning and assessment of resources.
- Assess through multiple measurement tools the short- and long- term impacts of training programs to ensure expected outcomes are realized.
- Manage the design, development, and delivery of training curriculum and relevant e-learning modules.
- Provide management with timely, relevant, and accurate reporting of L&D activity and measurements.
- Research and track new training techniques/methods, including utilization of industry best practices and enabling technologies to optimize training in co-ordination with the Corporate Learning Center for Excellence.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to team members. Monitor workload of team members and provide feedback on individual and team performance.
- Participate on business projects as a subject matter expert for L&D. Assess and make recommendations for learning solutions.
· Strong knowledge of instructional design to include assessment tools, adult learning theory, and evaluation techniques
· Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
· Works well with senior leadership, setting and maintaining priorities with available resources and planned budget in a shared service model
· Strong technical affiliation to include learning technologies and Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new technology quickly.
· Strong facilitation and training delivery skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to influence others and resolve conflicts
· Ability to build team cohesiveness to achieve results
· Skilled in leveraging business analytics to drive business outcomes
· Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus
· High attention to detail
· Project management and organizational skills
· Business acumen
· 10+ years L&D experience with 4+ in a management role with demonstrated experience in staff development
· Preference is customer contact and business operations experience
· Technical skill and soft skill service-oriented learning background is a plus
· Undergraduate degree in a learning related field or business
· Experience delivering instructional design through multiple channels
· Experience with learning technology
· Insurance industry experience preferred or contact center environment experience
· Understanding of artificial intelligence and machine learning is a plus
Ability to travel = 10%
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
About Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Travel - Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting - Mar 15, 2018, 4:20:54 PM