Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking an Assistant Actuary to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
The Assistant Actuary coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial tasks of a mathematical and quantitative nature by supporting the claim reserving process. This position will be supporting the health valuation team. The Assistant Actuary would also provide support for the United States and global financial reporting requirements.
- Provide actuarial support for the claim reserving process for health insurance products and US and global financial reporting requirements on a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide actuarial support for the budgeting, planning and long term planning process.
- Meet with Chief Actuary and Appointed Actuary to provide support of analysis and reporting of current reserve position based on current development and monitoring of the current reserve position.
- Support both internal and external audit requests for information and SOX controls for any valuation model changes
- Develop materials to support claim reserve portfolio management results for senior management and Chubb management
- Monitor and review of current and historical loss ratios to determine sufficiency of reserves
- Improve reserving process to continuously improve efficiency and consistency of reporting
- Develop well controlled process and procedures for financial reporting process and systems implementation/conversions
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Minimal Travel required
- 4+ years of insurance industry experience specifically related to financial reporting;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written communications of analyses results, and work products
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Strong excel and SQL technical skills, RESQ experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar technical discipline
- Strong consideration of ASA or actuarial student with proven progress towards ASA or FSA designation
As a Combined, corporate employee you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Combined, a Chubb company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- For Actuarial Roles: A Competitive Actuarial Exam Support Program
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
At Combined, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Travel
- NoJob Posting
- Apr 24, 2018, 4:25:24 PM