Combined Insurance Careers
Vice President, Sales
- Determine a national sales strategy and align to regional goals. Monitor results against goals, using reporting tools and regular communications with sales leads, while staying ahead of trends and taking proactive actions to steer results.
- Responsible for Account Executive staff development including building the sales force, field training, and ensuring adequate levels of sales production is generated from each region across the country.
- Seek out new business opportunities through an existing and growing network of small brokers, industry organizations, and industry contacts.
- Actively participate in the Worksite Solutions executive management team, proactively recommending changes required to bolster the sales force, maintain Combined’s competitive stance in the marketplace, and develop sales leadership levels throughout the team.
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination with the Worksite Sales Administration team, as well as with all Home Office staff.
- Expand and develop line 1 & 2 managers.
- Take on strategic growth or improvement initiatives or other duties, as determined.
- Identify valuable emerging markets, customer segments, and other business opportunities that keep the business in a continuous growth mode/trajectory.
- 10+ years of progressive sales leadership experience within Individual and/or Group Insurance Sales, with 5+ years in a Worksite and/or Voluntary Benefits specific environment.
- Proven ability to recruit and build sales teams.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, as well as strong presentation/public speaking skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage a direct sales force by establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with a clear vision and drive towards success.
- Ability to align people and resources with strategic priorities.
- Strong team building, recruiting, and motivational skills.
- Ability to act as a change agent – demonstrated ability to create a case for change in sales processes (scorecards, portfolio allocation, target development, etc.) and implement them.
- Strong direct sales skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus.
- Strong Voluntary Benefits industry knowledge and demonstrated ability to stay informed on development and introduction of new products or services, as well as maintain industry trends.
- Strong knowledge of Voluntary Life & Accident/Health insurance products, with preferred experience in both Individual and Group Policy Forms.
- Knowledge of various enrollment delivery methods of insurance products preferred.
- Knowledge of various payroll systems, and involvement in payroll deduction remitted business preferred.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
Travel - Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting - May 14, 2018, 9:03:51 AM