Combined Insurance Careers
Manager, Workforce Management
- Lead the development of our workforce management function, including but not limited to forecasting, headcount requirements, scheduling and time tracking.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of our workforce management system.
- Create and maintain documentation of all workforce management policies, processes, procedures and responsibilities.
- Provide oversight for the creation and maintenance of models to forecast resource needs.
- Work closely with business leaders and Finance to plan and manage staffing levels.
- Lead the development of effective “People” metrics (e.g. employee utilization, productivity, shrinkage, and schedule adherence).
- Provide management with timely, relevant and accurate reports.
- Monitor performance and collaborate with management and key stakeholders to identify, plan and implement actions to optimize employee productivity and utilization.
- Influence decision-making to improve overall performance in the Contact Centers.
- Research workforce management best practices and develop appropriate recommendations to improve demand forecasting, capacity planning and employee utilization at Combined.
- Train and guide management as needed.
- Recruit, hire and direct a small team of Workforce Analysts.
- Train, coach and mentor team members on a continuous basis for improvement and development.
- Problem-Solving – Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems, breaking down complex issues into manageable parts and looking beyond the obvious to get at root causes.
- Solution Development – Understands business problems and requirements and develops practical, cost-effective solutions and recommendations.
- Continuous Learning / Improvement – Demonstrates a desire and capacity to expand expertise, develop new skills and grow professionally as well as think of better ways to do things.
- Adaptability – Ability to re-direct personal efforts in response to changing circumstances and being receptive to feedback.
- Results Orientation – Effectively executes on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes.
- Relationship-Building – Is helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Influencing Others – Ability to influence others with facts, trend analysis and other supporting data, to negotiate effectively to effect win-win outcomes, and to engage and motivate team members.
- Business Acumen – Understands the relationship between the activity and the business / customers impacted and applies business knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership
- Ability to manage and influence resources outside one’s span of control
- Strong knowledge of workforce management software; experience with Verint is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s in Business or Management is preferred
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a workforce management function
Job Posting - Aug 10, 2018, 10:51:11 AM