Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Application Development Manager to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
This position manages application development, maintenance and support of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, which is a very critical business system. This system provides customer management and workflow capabilities across all North America operations, including Call Center, Customer Retention, Direct Marketing, Underwriting, Claims, Policyholder Services and Financial processes. The CRM system integrates data across multiple technologies, including Client Server, Mainframe, Mid-range, PC and Web. It is used by over 500 employees in US and Canada, and requires constant monitoring with high availability fail-over capabilities.
This position will manage information technology commitments delivered by onshore and offshore resources, manage the vendor relationship and ongoing support with 3rd party software providers, coordinate across all application teams, and ensure infrastructure maintains a reliable system configuration. The position requires both technical and business-oriented skills, balanced with leadership and effective communication.
• Act as primary liaison to the business for a portfolio of CRM applications, and onshore/offshore outsourced development teams
• Coordinate all phases of the System Development Life Cycle activities of the team
• Manage and mentor project and technical staff members, as well as maintain resource plan for the team
• Interact with production support personnel to ensure critical and major production issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Proactively manage issues/risks and escalate them as needed
• Build project plans and timelines for projects which could involve multiple vendors and cross team resources
• Maintain a high level of personal commitment and accountability to the business, and a focus on quality and service
• Interact with the business through requirements analysis and design sessions
• Participate in the Annual Budget Planning Process and Monthly Budget Review to help manage/track project costs, including plan vs. actual costs, forecasted estimates to complete, and costs at completion.
• Work with IT Management to determine priorities and resolve issues
• Participate in internal design and code review processes to ensure that solutions effectively meet business objectives while using innovative, performance oriented technology
• Maintain proper controls to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), call center and end customer system processes
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong relationship management, negotiation and decision-making skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Knowledge of business process modeling
• Working knowledge of systems development methodologies and project life cycles
• Knowledge of project management fundamentals
• Ability to effectively work with users of various levels from clerical to senior management
• Experience with telecommunication and automated dialer technology
• Experience developing cost-benefit assessments
• Experience working in an outsourced environment
• Experience coordinating development and testing activities with an off-shore team
• Working knowledge of insurance processes and practices
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience, working in an Information Technology job, managing project delivery and/or application development teams.
As a Combined, corporate employee you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Combined, a Chubb company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
At Combined, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- NoJob Posting
- Jul 13, 2018, 3:15:23 PM