Combined Insurance Careers
Dir, Policy Filings
- Provide direction, support and oversight to the Policy Filings Department by assisting senior compliance personnel in the development and filing of new insurance products and maintaining compliance for our existing product portfolio.
- Assist Sales and Marketing by providing advice and input on product configuration in order to gain product regulatory approval and minimize compliance and financial risk to the company.
- Monitor regulatory developments and implement product changes necessary to maintain product compliance for Combined’s existing core products portfolio.
- Manage Department including Associate Product Managers and Filing Analysts within the Policy Filings Department and provide oversight of Department Operations.
- With the assistance of Legal, Actuarial and Marketing, draft and file new products, product amendments and regulatory changes.
- Analyze state insurance department regulations, rate, rule and form circulars/bulletins in order to determine and implement appropriate changes on behalf of Combined.
- Develop and distribute regulatory communications to other business departments advising them of compliance changes.
- Respond to requests for information relating to life and health products compliance requirements, research statutory and regulatory requirements, and create research charts (with attorney review, as appropriate, prior to release of the information).
- Assist other Combined Departments, as needed, in the implementation of new products.
- Ensure that all products maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other Combined departments in order to maintain product compliance.
- Interact with Department of Insurance personnel and other regulators to facilitate approval of Combined’s products and resolve regulatory issues.
- Manage Associate Product Managers and Filing Analysts.
- Project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects including new product filings.
- Represent Combined on industry committees and panels.
- Strong expertise in group and individual life, accident and health products.
- Extensive expertise in group and individual life, accident and health products.
- Extensive experience filing products for approval and ensuring products meet state compliance requirements.
- Manages Filing Analysts and Associate Product Managers
- Independently manages high profile compliance projects. Ability to draft and implement product changes with input from Legal in order to maintain product compliance.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in dealing with internal and external clients and regulators.
- Advanced degree or extensive industry management experience.
- 10+ years product filing and insurance experience
- Expertise in group life, accident and health products
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex insurance laws and regulations
- Attention to detail
- Relationship Management
- System and Business Operations Knowledge
- Experience managing others, especially highly-skilled professionals
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Requires good oral and written presentation skills with attention to detail.
- Strong management relationship skills with team focus.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
Job Posting - Sep 27, 2018, 2:38:04 PM