Combined Insurance Careers
Group Underwriting Analyst
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Group Underwriting Analyst to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company.
For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
JOB SUMMARY: The Group Underwriting Analyst position will be responsible for creating proposals, providing sales with support in the proposal process, look for ways to grow sales while maintaining a profitable block of business based upon company guidelines. We are looking for someone who has exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, has a deal maker mentality, can handle multiple tasks at the same time, is comfortable in a fast paced environment, is results driven, detail oriented, and maintains a focused attention to accuracy.
- Engage with Sales on how best to present Chubb’s products in a proposal format.
- Create proposals for potential clients that place Chubb in the most favorable position to gain the business based upon Chubb’s guidelines and standards.
- Assist other functional areas with onboarding new group clients.
- Follow up with functional areas with the onboarding of new group clients to be sure their plans and rates are properly built into Chubb’s systems.
- Gather data on group clients and distribution partners with underwriting offers to ensure compliance with underwriting offers.
- Assist on projects related to Group Underwriting that support other Chubb Worksite functions.
- Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality and turnaround time.
- Customer Centric.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Relationship Management.
- Risk Analysis.
- Team Player
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience in Microsoft Access a plus.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of voluntary worksite insurance coverage, contracts, and underwriting guidelines.
- Experience, preferably in the voluntary worksite market or life and health market, a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
As a Combined/Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a Chubb company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, Chubb, is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Job Posting - Oct 22, 2018, 11:41:47 AM