Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking an IT Compliance Manager to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
The objective of this position is to provide project management and discipline as needed within IT Application Development, with a focus on the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls as they relate to the design and operation of computer-based information systems. An incumbent in this position may manage several projects at a time. The position will direct the execution of audits performed by external and internal auditors covering areas such as information security, computer operations, application development, operating systems, databases, network access, change management, user administration and segregation of duties. The position will facilitate and manage audit plans, resource planning, risk assessments, and report preparations. This role will proactively identify control gaps in advance of auditors and facilitate the development and implementation of remediation actions based on practical solutions and sound risk management. The position will have direct contact with key end users and respond independently to compliance-related inquiries.
This position reports to the VP, Application Management. Responsibilities require strong collaboration with the ability to influence and affect change, in support of key objectives, across IT leads, internal and external auditors, and senior business management
- Lead project team(s) in the development and implementation of assigned projects
- Develop & maintain project documentation, including charters and scoping, measures of success, project plans, weekly status reports, issue tracking/escalation/resolution, and financial tracking/forecasting
- Lead and document business requirements gathering efforts
- Direct and facilitate the execution of audit engagements. Create matrix teams of subject matter experts across IT to support specific audit requests and customer inquiries about internal controls
- Support Combined Business and sales staff in the representation of IT general controls as well as ACE’s security posture and privacy policies
- Collaborate with IT units and auditors to validate and verify audit findings and/or deficiencies. Manage remediation plans to deliver corrective actions as planned; track all outstanding IT audit issues to resolution
- Clearly communicate IT control issues formally and informally to all levels of management.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of compliance activities and IT controls
- Other duties as assigned
- This position does not require travel.
- Experience working in an a structured IT envrionment
- Skilled individual capable of negotiating with internal, external and state auditors on scope/depth of IT audits and audit findings
- 2-4 years of experience leading IT audits leveraging established frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic development environment
- Ability to identify, understand and communicate business needs for technical projects
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to influence change and drive results
- Ability to interact well with senior management; strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of IT operating environments to include mainframe and Windows
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and a high-degree of initiative and professional judgment
- Project management experience
- 3+ years of IT or Systems experience
- CISSP or CISA certification a plus
- College degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field a plus)
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy, or PCI standards a plus
- Work experience in a regulated industry a plus
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- NoJob Posting
- Oct 24, 2018, 4:12:52 PM