Combined Insurance Careers
Data Steward Paid Internship
Combined Insurance, a Chubb company, is seeking a Data Steward Intern to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company for an 8-month engagement. Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded and ethical. At Combined Insurance Intern you will have the opportunity to gain career-building experience.
Who are we looking for?
Successful interns at Combined Insurance come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at Combined:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
- Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
- Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
· Support the build of the Data Lake and Data Dictionary by determining best way to structure data, document processes, and provide administrative support to users, determining best process for edits and adding new members.
· Support the creation of the Financial Dictionary working with finance team to ensure all financial metrics are documented; working with corporate software to load data into global dictionary
· Create the Operational and Sales Dictionary working with finance team to ensure all business metrics are documented; working with corporate software to load data into global dictionary
· Train users on how to access and query in the Financial Dictionary system
· Assist with testing of Data Lake to ensure discrepancies are being resolved
· Preferred Majors: Finance, IT, Computer Programming, Math/Statistics or other related field
· Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA to qualify)
· Basic Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Oral and written communication skills
· Experience working with large databases
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
· SQL and dashboard experience a plus
Location: Rosemont, IL (near Chicago O’Hare)
Schedule: At least 30 hours/week through June, 2019
Combined Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Travel - No
Job Posting - Nov 6, 2018, 11:50:43 AM