Combined Insurance Careers
Claims Adjuster (Group, Health, Disability)
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Claims Adjuster (Work from Home) to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
Contact claimant and or service provider requesting basic information needed to process claim. Includes written correspondence and phone calls. Evaluate claims based on documentation received including responses from claimant and providers. Process basic claims including payment, denial and status updates. Interact with various online systems for claims processing, imaging and policy administration.
You will be required to be onsite in our Latham, NY office for training and any ad-hoc meetings. However, this role is a New York, work from home role.
- Accurately process claims under Supplemental A&H coverage.
- Key data into online processing system.
- Determine eligibility by evaluating claim submission and comparing to policy benefits.
- Request additional information from policyholders, providers and others as necessary to finalize claim.
- Manage pending files.
- Create claim related correspondence.
- Provide customer service to policyholders, agents and doctors answering a variety of questions both in writing and by phone.
- Conduct telephone assessments for continuing disability claims.
- Meet Department standards for time service and quality.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality and customer centric orientation.
- Analytical with good decision making skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Keyboarding skills (30+ wpm).
- Windows based PC knowledge.
- Bilingual in Spanish (read, write, speak) preferred
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Quality and Customer Centric Orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical with good decision making skills
- Ability to foster teamwork toward a common objective
- Strong work ethic with customer centric focus
BA or BS preferred
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Travel - No
Job Posting - Nov 15, 2018, 1:07:23 PM