Combined Insurance Careers
Asst. VP Human Resources, Sales
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Sales HR Business Partner, to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
Provide HR leadership and partnership to Combined’s sales channels—Core Sales, Worksite, and Chubb Workplace Benefits—through personal HR consulting and a team of HRBPs. Develop a deep understanding of the drivers of each channel, the success factors, talent needs, and strategic direction. Develop and deploy a high-performing team that is viewed as a business partner by all key stakeholders. This role reports to the SVP, HR.
Develop relationships with sales leaders, so there is solid understanding of the business challenges and opportunities. Use these relationships to consult with Sales SVPs at a strategic level in regards to talent management, performance management, change management, and communication in alignment with their business growth goals.
- Drive change as a proactive and valued business partner, driving strategic HR plans and objectives across the sales organization.
- Provide organizational development interventions and support, including organization design and leadership transitions.
- Active and ongoing execution of Talent Management within the sales organization that includes assessment of talent, development of high potentials, and detailed plans that meet current and future needs. Provide leadership to senior sales leads and HRBPs to ensure TM is embedded as a way of doing business. Consult on best practices. Develop a deep awareness of talent strengths and gaps.
- Be a trusted partner and initiate and maintain effective communications with sales leadership and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to performance management, offering feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement.
- Ensure and maintain the alignment with corporate HR initiatives and programs, implementing and delivering relevant HR programs within the sales organization.
- Deliver high quality HR services, processes, and consulting that enable the attainment of strategic business goals and critical initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in employee relations to include collaborating with Director, Employee Relations (ER) and Legal in regards to setting standards and processes. Collaborate on the most serious ER issues, keeping senior sales and HR abreast of serious issues and progress on resolution. Ensure HRBPs continue to develop their skills, providing coaching and direction on the most serious issues.
- Develop and lead a high-performing HRBP team through competency assessment, coaching/mentoring, goal setting, and performance feedback.
- Strong influencing skills with people and teams which have experience operating successfully in a complex matrix organization with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Relationship-building and change management skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to impact organizational effectiveness and utilizing HR tools and consulting to create a high-performing culture within the sales organization.
- Significant experience with workforce planning and analytics (sales) and the ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions.
- A proven track record of developing organizational change initiatives that deliver real business results.
- Demonstrated strong business knowledge and capability to assess HR implications. Ability to translate business strategies into HR planning.
- Executive presence, influencing skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A disciplined approach to planning and executing with a focus on the highest priorities. A capacity and drive to get things done.
- A high affiliation to accountability and ownership, and learning from mistakes.
- A dedication to integrity and confidentiality. Always looks to do the right thing.
- Strong change and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills, facilitating, and delivering/creating content.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years of directly related Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner or related HR leadership experience
- Strong organizational design and change management experience
- Employee relations experience
- Sales organization and/or insurance industry experience
Job Posting - Dec 6, 2018, 10:16:58 AM