Combined Insurance Careers
Business Intelligence Analyst - Predictive Modeling
Combined Insurance, is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
- Identify, acquire and document data from various sources, both internal and external.
- Extract and manipulate data using SAS or other data management tools from internal and external data sources.
- Understand and combine data from various sources to create analytics data set. Develop a solid working knowledge of how current systems and data sources are populated and sourced.
- Assist in documentation of accuracy and availability of various data elements and variables.
- Maintain existing and build new predictive models and analytic solutions using tools such as GLM, logistic regression and decision trees.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend solutions to help profitability or growth.
- Actively seek out novel methodologies, algorithms, tools and technologies.
- Communicate and present findings to team to ensure successful integration of projects into business process.
- Implement models into production. Work with IT in the design and testing of models.
- Monitor the performance and usage of models.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with models.
- Support business requests which require statistical analysis.
- Provide training guidance and assistance to colleagues.
- Understanding of complex business challenges, design analytical solutions, using advanced modeling techniques and synthesize insights to business decision making process.
- Advanced knowledge in statistical analysis and multivariate procedures. Experience with SAS, Emblem or programming is a plus.
- Ability to articulate an advanced level of understanding of work products.
- Ability to complete analytical tasks independently with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently. Produces accurate work products in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Business experience and knowledge of P&C industry preferred.
- Responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- BS degree or higher in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Analytics or a related field.
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Travel - No
Job Posting - Jan 17, 2019, 12:49:40 PM